Time scale presenting and comparing a history of Udine and Pabianice



Worldwide historical events
Pabianice history
Udine history




Udine is a city in northern Italy in the Friuli Venezia Giulia region, on the northeastern edge of the Venetian Plain. Udine is a lively place with great architecture, charming taverns, art-filled museums, churches and townhouses, rich in all kinds of events dedicated to movies, literature and local cuisine.

Unfortunately, the city is not one of the most popular in Italy, and yet it has beautiful monuments that are worth seeing and, interestingly, it ranks 5th in the quality of life ranking in this country.

Arriving in the city, you must see Porta Aquileia, the entrance gate to the city and the nearby Chiesa della Beata Vergine del Carmine church from the 16th century. While in the city, it is worth going to Piazza Libertà (Liberty Square), which is the most important monument of the city, dating back to the Venetian times. In the square are the Loggia del Lionello, a magnificent example of Gothic architecture, the Loggia di S. Giovanni and the Clock Tower from the 16th century.

However, the heart of the city is the local castle, built at the end of the 16th century, now the seat of a museum and art gallery.

On the first Sunday of each month, an “antiquities market” takes place in the city, which can also be a kind of attraction for visitors.

The Italian town is located in the central-eastern part of the Friuli Venezia Giulia region – Friuli -Venezia Giulia. The region is bordered to the east by Slovenia, to the north by Austria and to the south by the Adriatic Sea. Udine is approximately 40 km from the border with Slovenia, and less than 90 km from the Austrian border. The surrounding landscape is formed by the peaks of the Julian and Carnic Alps, the highest of which is Hohe Warte, otherwise known as Coglians, 2780 m above sea level. The Friuli-Venezia Giulia region is not a large region, but very diverse, with a beautiful lagoon in the south, a lowland part and a mountainous north, which is covered with spruce forests.

The weather

By far the best season of the year to travel around Udine is the period from May to September, then the temperatures are very pleasant, it is warm and there is relatively few rainfall. The highest average temperature in Udine is 28°C in July, while the lowest 6°C in January. Udine lies in a sea atmosphere, which often occurs rainfall and high humidity throughout the year. The years here are quite cool, mild winters, while winds variable in the annual cycle. The average annual temperature in Udine is 20°C and falls there annually about 485 mm of rain. In turn, for 206 days a year it is quite dry, with humidity of up to 69%.

Monuments of the cities



1. Loggia del Lionello

Built in alternate bands of white and pink stones, it has overlooked the central Piazza Libertà (previously called Contarena and “Vittorio Emanuele II”). It is a public loggia in Venetian Gothic style, whose works began in 1448 by Bartolomeo delle Cisterne on a drawing of the Orafo Nicolò Lionello and ended in 1457. In the centuries to follow he underwent various changes and, following the ruinous fire that destroyed it In 1876, it was restored by Andrea Scala who kept faith with the original drawings. Most of the works that were present inside are now preserved in the city museum. Among these we remember the cycle of canvases of the Serenissima Republic of Venice and the Madonna with Child by Giovanni Antonio de ‘Sacchis, dated 1516.

The origin of the Loggia dates back to January 24, 1441, when “in Pleno Consilio” was proposed the construction of a new town hall, since all the renowned cities boasted the presence of spectacular buildings in which to carry out the city council, while Udine did not have still of any building used for this function. It was therefore the noble deputy Nicolò Savorgnan to propose the construction of this new town hall. To finance its realization, it was established to use the whole amount coming from the duty on the bread and the consent of the Council, on January 24, 1441, was almost unanimous. However, it was only from July of the following year that the supply of materials began. The Municipality was entrusted with the task of providing bricks, timber and all the remaining building materials necessary for the construction, while the labor was left by the local laborer masters. The work plan was in fact modified multiple times over time, especially in the seventeenth century, when consistent extensions were carried out in the building under construction, which lasted up to the nineteenth century, when the loggia was tragically disfigured by a serious fire. In 1448, the year that marks the beginning of the works, four above the factory were appointed: Nicolò dei Bombeni, Raimondo della Torre, Giovanni Rainoldi and Nicolò Lionello. These personalities were decisive for the continuation of the works; However, the judgments on the various changes of the Loggia sometimes led to bitter conflicts: it was so that in the middle of the same year Lionello proposed a new project for the construction of the building, signed by twenty -three municipal councilors. A new phase of work in the loggia began at the end of the fifteenth century, more precisely on March 20, 1492, when the Council approved the acquisition and integration of the houses behind the loggia as municipal properties. Shortly after the Council delone the demolition of these houses, defining this gesture as an act necessary for the enlargement and improvement of the building. It was probably the growth of the needs of the community that determined the need for these extensions, in fact, the building that presented itself at the end of the fifteenth century was very different from today’s image.

2. Loggia and temple of San Giovanni

In front of the Loggia del Lionello there are the Loggia and Tempietto of San Giovanni, erected in 1533 by the architect Lombardo Bernardino da Morcote. Their realization involved numerous problems, both on the urban and practical level. The work that laughed has a vague brunelleschian flavor. The church, in ancient times dedicated to San Giovanni, is now used as a temple with the fallen. Also in front of the Loggia del Lionello, the statues of Hercules and Caco, attributed to Angelo De Putti, stand.

3. Castle of Udine

The imposing construction dominates the hill and the entire city of Udine. Since time immemorial, a fortified site had been present on the hill testified by the Neolithic and Roman remains found on the Castle hill. After numerous renovations, the latter was seriously damaged in the earthquake of 1511. On October 2, 1517, the reconstruction was started, which however continued over time, due to lack of funds, vastness and complexity of the works. These were initially entrusted to Giovanni Fontana, who however left the city by renouncing the assignment in 1519.

The Roman-clinquentycent appearance of the building, which makes it more similar to a stately residence than to a military infrastructure, is due to the intervention of Giovanni da Udine, who, starting from 1547, resumed and completed the construction siteOther internal changes were made in the following centuries to be able to use it to the most varied uses: prison, barracks, municipal seat etc. The castle hosts the hall of the Parliament of the homeland of Friuli dating back to the twelfth century is one of the oldest in Europe.

House of the Cegenance
On the grassy clearing at the top of the Castle hill, the house of the farmer stands in which the representatives of the Friulian peasants, the third political body of the homeland of Friuli, resided. The one visible in the twenty -first century is the copy here recomposed in 1931 of a building dating back to the 16th century which was located between via Vittorio Veneto and via Rauscedo. The building later hosted the Armeria del Castello and in later times was used as a local for the tasting of typical Friulian products.

4. Metropolitan Cathedral of Santa Maria Annunziata

Built starting from 1236 at the behest of the Patriarch Bertoldo of Andechs-Merania. The construction was completed in a hundred years. Next to the Cathedral is the bell tower with the baptistery, home to a small museum of the Duomo.

5. Church of Santa Maria di Castello

It is the oldest church in Udine, dating back to the twelfth century and located on the Castle hill.

6. Church of Sant’Antonio Abate

It was originally a Gothic -style building dating back to the fourteenth century, it was erected at the behest of the patriarch Nicolò of Luxembourg, and then transformed in 1733 with the facade by Giorgio Massari, it is located near Piazza Patriarcato. Defset, it is used as an auditorium and hosts exhibitions and exhibitions.
Inside there are the tombs of the last four patriarchs of Aquileia: Francesco Barbaro, Ermolao Barbaro, Daniele Dolfin and Dionisio Dolfin.

7. Casa Cavazzini

Historian palace, located between the Cavour and Savorgnana streets, in front of the municipal headquarters in the historic center. The subject of a long restoration, completed in 2011, on a project originally from Gae Aulenti, is now home to the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art. The complex consists of the sixteenth -century Palazzo Savorgnan of the flag and the adjoining Casa Cavazzini (donated to the Municipality by the family of the merchant and philanthropist Udinese Dante Cavazzini). The restorations brought to light archaeological finds visible on the ground floor through the glass floor: a 16th century Venetian tank and a protohistoric vasellame deposit dating back to the first half of the iron (second half of the eighth century BC), which constitutes The oldest discovery documented on the site. In the Cavazzini apartment there are also frescoes by Afro Basaldella, Mirko Basaldella and Corrado Cagli; On the first floor of the Savorgnan Palace of the flag, there are instead frescoes assigned to the second half of the fourteenth century, pictorial testimonies of the profane subject and of considerable importance for the study of Gothic painting in the Friulian area. In one of the two rooms where the frescoes were found, traces of a decoration depicting a curtain right by young girls and young people in figure according to patterns inspired by the iconography of sacred compositions were preserved. Judging by the decoration, the environment was perhaps used in Alcova: young people in fact support the curtain as if to protect the intimacy of the room. Belonging to the following era, on the other hand, it should be the decoration of the adjacent room, with the walls occupied entirely by geometric sectors and quadrangular tiles with fake marble with monstrous and fantastic figures derived from the traditions of the medieval bestiary.

8. Piazza Libertà

9. Piazza Matteotti, called in the medieval era of the new market, later called Piazza San Giacomo after the construction of the church of the same name in 1399 name that popularly maintains in the twenty -first century.

10. Piazza I Maggio, also called Giardin Grande, in 1866 was called Piazza d’Armi and in 1900 he was named, even if not officially, to Umberto I following his death. Today’s date of attitude refers to the year 1945, in which Udine was freed from the Nazi occupation with the arrival in the city of allied troops.

11. Piazza Venerio, in ancient times called Piazza della Ghiacciaia and then plates by the Lens or Piazza delle wood that were stopped there. The current square was occupied by the Palazzo della Famiglia Nobile dei Savorgnan who in 1549, on the orders of the Venetians, was raised to the ground following the condemnation for murder of Girolamo Savorgnan, was therefore popularly nicknamed the Piazza della Ruina.

12. Piazza XX Settembre, also called Piazza dei Granes, previously, was occupied by some buildings of the of the Torre family then made demolish in 1717 by the government of the Republic of Venice, it was therefore called Piazza dei Torriani, in 1868 it was acquired by the Municipality. Since 2011 he has been home to the market moved from Piazza Matteotti.

13. Walls of Udine

In the city of Udine there are traces or news of five circles of walls that protected it throughout its history starting from the Middle Ages, after the embankment of the great Castelliere of the Bronze Age. They were equipped with doors and doors, with crenellated walls, turritors counterfeit, ditches, bridges and balconies. More properly, the term Portoni was reserved at the gates of the third circle.

14. Rogge of the city of Udine

Of the six rogges that cross it in the Middle Ages, the Roggia of Udine and the Roggia di Palma survived. Perhaps of Roman origin, they are documented (for the concession of use to the mills) to 1217 for the Roggia of Udine, and at 1171 for that of Palma. Just the study of the jumps of the city rogges allowed Arturo Malignani to become a pioneer in the study of hydroelectric plants.

Udine is also lapped, to the west, from the Ledra-Tagliamento channel, which is connected to the two rogges by the San Gottardo channel.

15. Parks

  • Cormôr Park: it stands along the homonymous stream, and also develops in the municipalities of Martignacco, Campoformido and Pozzuolo del Friuli. The park includes two areas, the one in the north near the fair has an area of 258765 m², the area south near Viale Venezia has an area of 66759 m².

  • Park of the Torre: it stands along the homonymous stream, and also develops in the municipality of Remanzacco, extends over an area of 69478 m².
  • Urban Park “Moretti” (formerly “Alfredo Foni Park”): it stands in the area once occupied by the demolished Stadium Moretti near Viale Venezia extends over an area of 66900 m².
  • Urban Park “Ardito Desio”: stands near the Friuli stadium and occupies an area of 28733 m².


1. Renaissance court, commonly called the “castle”

The most valuable of the Pabianice monuments is the former defensive court of the Krakow Chapter, where the Tenuters and Pabianice starosts resided. The Pabianice Regional Museum with historical and archaeological collections has its headquarters here for years. In the back room of the castle, on the Dobrzynka river, there is currently the park Juliusz Słowacki, founded at the beginning of the 20th century. This small private town operated for a long time in the shadow of the owners’ residence. The wooden court of the chapter had to stand somewhere near today’s castle at least in the first half of the fourteenth century, when the center of the property board was established here. At the turn of the fourteenth and fifteenth century there was a house here – a residence, later called the old one. Perhaps it was here that the canons hosted King Jagiełło and then his son? This building burned down in a fire from 1532. The old house quickly ceased to be enough for canons, because in the years 1510-1513 a new, called the Great was built. Budelce and here was wood. This building also did not survive the test of time, because the ceiling of the Great Hall had to be supported with a pillar and the house, built on boggy ground, began to bend. None of these buildings have lived to have our time.

Instead, the Renaissance residence, erected from bricks in 1565-1571 by the architect Wawrzyniec Lorek. The Pabianice court is a real pearl of the Renaissance in the provincial edition. Together with neighboring buildings, he was surrounded by a defensive oak palisade with a brick tower from the river side. A clock was installed on the tower, which also showed time to the inhabitants of Pabianice. In addition, the defense of the object was strengthened by 2 towers. The manor was also surrounded by a moat filled with water from the river. A mercenary crew and cannons were maintained here to defend the building.
To date, there is nothing left of these fortifications, and the preserved manor gives the impression of a spacious urban tenement house. Within the palisade, there were also, in addition to the residence, including separate kitchen, stables for horses and carriages, brewery, so -called “beekeeping” with hives, prison and bathhouse.
In the 1820s, during the Congress Kingdom, the authorities gave the rooms in the castle free of charge to the workshop coming here to German weats.
A little later, in 1833, the court became the town hall – the seat of the city authorities. Furkot of weaving workshops in former chambers has already symbolized the beginning of a new era – the industry of industrialization.

2. Church Saint. Mateusz and Saint. Wawrzyniec

Opposite the castle stands the second oldest monument of our city: the church of Saint Matthew and Saint Wawrzyniec, who stylishly combines late Gothic and a Renaissance with a baroque interior.

The church was built of brick, on the set of the cross. It is oriented, i.e. the presbytery is located east, three -nave, basilica. In the layout and shape of the solid, it refers to the Romanesque Płock church, but the architect also used elements with Gothic provenance – Szkarp supporting the walls of the building, as well as contemporary, Renaissance, architectural detail in the form of plastered cornice surrounding the building, the peaks of transept and stone portals.

In October 1993, a vote dedicated to the Pope was laid at the main entrance. Under the sculpture-the bust reads: “To the Holy Father John Paul II, the first Pole in the Piotr capital on the 15th anniversary of the pontificate, 1978-1993”. The founder of the sculpture was Father Infułat Lucjan Jaroszka, author Krystyna Solska, and the contractor – the Center for the Polish Sculpture in Orońsko.

3. Evangelical Church of St. Peter and Saint Paul

At the intersection of Zamkowa and Kilińskiego streets there is the only active Protestant temple in our city. This is the Evangelical Church of St. Peter and Saint Paul. Currently, about 150 families from Pabianice and the Ksawerów commune belong to the parish.

In 2002, a large -scale renovation of the church was completed, sponsored, among others by the Association for the Care of the Monuments of Pabianice. Thanks to the thermorenovation of the temple, services can take place throughout the year, and not – as before – with a break from January 1 to Easter.

Due to good acoustics inside the church and historic mechanical organs, after renovation, concerts began to be organized here, which initially took place once a month, and from October this year they will be accumulated in annual festivals.

4. Pastorate

From 1902, the place of residence and office of Pabianice Protestant priest was a brick presbytery slightly east of the church. The first was built in 1828 at the Dobrzynce River, in the former Pastor Garden.

The parish house at 8 Zamkowa Street was erected by the forces and costs of the Evangelical-Augsburg Commune. It is a characteristic example of eclectic architecture with a predominance of neo -Gothic features.
Before the outbreak of the First War, the Lodz branch of the abstinent society (1913) was based in the pasto.
After the Second World War, the building was taken over by the Energy Plant.
At the beginning of 1972, the Polish Tourist and Sightseeing Society of the Pabianicki Branch of Kazimierz Staszewski. In the mid -1970s, the Office of the National Association of Tkacko -Dziawiarski Cooperatives was also organized, and in the 90s financial institutions operated there, in addition, a pastor and several tenants lived.
Currently, part of the rooms is still occupied by the presbytery of the Evangelical Parish, and on the ground floor of the building there is a pharmacy and a parish office.

5. Church Of the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Rosary

In 1897, the consent of the Russian tsarist authorities to start
Construction of the temple in the New Town. Construction works began in September 1898. It was conducted by the Pabianice company “Józef Hans”. In 1903, the church was roofed and glazed with stained glass windows made by the company “R. Schlein ”from Saxony. The stained glass window was funded by the industrialist Feliks Krusche over the main altar. On December 20, 1903, a new temple was consecrated. But construction works and the decor continued. In 1904, 49.8 m high towers were erected, and two years later R. Kindler funded all oak door to the church. In 1907, the New Town parish was created.

The church was completely finished only in 1928.
A neo -Gothic style building was created, on a cross plan, from the presbytery directed to the north. The length of the nave is equal to the height of the towers, and the width of the object is 28.4 m. The basilic interior is maintained in the neo -Gothic style. The main altar, dedicated to the Mother of the Rosary, depicting the secrets of the Holy Rosary, was made by his own drawing by the Bogaczyk from Warsaw.

6. Zamkowa 4 Street – Factory with a clock

The high, three -storey brick building with a clock in the center of Pabianice, on the main street of the city, is the so -called “Central weaving room” or “high”. The building of the former weaving and spinning mill erected in 1891. According to the design of Ignacy Markiewicz, it presents a large architectural value, constituting an interesting example of an industrial building from the late nineteenth century. His architecture is harsh, almost monumental, referring to individual details (such as blanking) Middle Ages. Extreme and middle projections are decorated with characteristic turrets. Modern for those times is the solution to the interior design based on six rows of cast iron poles. Until the end of the Second World War, the building was located in the “Krusche and Ender” factory.

During the occupation, the factory worked because its owners signed “Volkslist” (the so -called German national list). After the Second World War, Krusche and Endera factories were nationalized and transformed (after joining about 40 smaller Cotton Industry factories, including the former Kindler factory) in Pabianice, Cotton Industry Plant. In 1955, on the 50th anniversary of the revolutionary struggle and the universal strike, a new name was given – PZPB Fighters of the 1905 Revolution in memory of these events on both sides of the large, typical for industrial buildings from the late 19th century. Factory gate, two plaques were placed: on the left side of 1955 with the newly given name of the plants, and on the right – from 1962 – from 1962 – commemorating workers’ fight for existence and equality in 1905.
Currently, some rooms have been rented for business activities, and most of them are shops.

7. Kindler factory at Zamkowa Street and at Traugutta Street


In 1859, Rudolf Kindler began independent production. In 1861, R. Kindler began mechanizing the production process. Until the end of the 1870s, most of the area between Dobrzynka and the church was built. There were two single -story residential houses, a mechanical weaving room consisting of a two -story and one -story facility, then finishing units and accompanying facilities – boiler rooms, exchange office, warehouses, etc.
In 1999, a building from the beginning of the 19th century was demolished at Stary Rynek 22.
This object belonging to the first buildings of the Kindlers factory complex was a valuable example of classical architecture. A shop was opened in the remaining post -Fabric Building, currently there is a furniture showroom.


In the second half of the 1970s, R. Kindler began to buy more real estate. His attention was drawn to the district of New Town – “Ogrody”, located west from Ogrodowa Street (today Traugutta). In 1888, a factory company was transformed into a joint -stock company; The Society of Pliedly Products of R. Kindler was established. The founders of the joint -stock company were Rudolf and his sons: Juliusz, Ludwik and Oskar.
From the end of the 1990s to the first years of the 20th century, the company purchased further properties to enlarge the factory areas. Kindlers’ estate stretched to the road leading to Karniszewice, later Side Street (today’s Żeromskiego) and further to Lutomierska Street. Until the outbreak of World War I, 59 factory and residential buildings were established here. Changes were also made in the property over Dobrzynka. In 1907, a modern, two -story assembly of reinforced concrete ceilings was put into use.

In the second half of the 1970s, R. Kindler began to buy more real estate. His attention was drawn to the district of New Town – “Ogrody”, located west from Ogrodowa Street (today Traugutta). In 1888, a factory company was transformed into a joint -stock company; The Society of Pliedly Products of R. Kindler was established. The founders of the joint -stock company were Rudolf and his sons: Juliusz, Ludwik and Oskar.
From the end of the 1990s to the first years of the 20th century, the company purchased further properties to enlarge the factory areas. Kindlers’ estate stretched to the road leading to Karniszewice, later Side Street (today’s Żeromskiego) and further to Lutomierska Street. Until the outbreak of World War I, 59 factory and residential buildings were established here. Changes were also made in the property over Dobrzynka. In 1907, a modern, two -story assembly of reinforced concrete ceilings was put into use.
After the war, the complex of the factory buildings of the former Kindler company was nationalized. The buildings became part of the Pamotex cotton industry as a branch No. 1 of these plants. In the 1960s, the factory was renovated and thus deprived of the characteristic appearance of the nineteenth-century industrial building.
In 2001, investors from Kielce (the company “Echo Investment”) began the construction of a shopping center, which found a Hypernova supermarket with food and industrial products and a shopping mall (with an area of ​​11,000 m2) and a NOMI DIY store (area 3.5 thousand m2) together with the garden and composition of building materials (on a partially covered area of ​​1.7 thousand m2). In the vicinity of stores, a parking lot for 700 cars was organized. The stores were opened the following year.

8. Weaver house

At Św. Jana 20 Street, there is a wooden building popularly called the “weaver house”.
It is multi -story, with a wooden padding structure, having arcaded recesses around the walls, and windows in them. Congress is a gable, pedigree roof. The house was established in the 1920s and 1830s, but the current state is a total reconstruction made in 1974 after a fire fire.

9. Park of Juliusz Słowacki

On the banks of Dobrzynka, in the vicinity of the Pabianice castle there is a city park – an old walking garden in 1901 with over a century of history. Named after Juliusz Słowacki in 1918, in its original version he occupied the area at the left bank of the river and referred to the English gardens. Extended by the right -bank part in 1931 arranged in the years 1935 – 1936 to the French style. During World War II, its name was changed to Pastor Zimmer Park and was intended for use only for the Germans. After the war, a wooden concert shell was built in the park, under which concerts, festivities and rallies were held until the 1980s. Later, the shell burned down and was never rebuilt. In 2015, the park was revitalized and its former climate was largely restored. The park from Zamkowa Street was separated by a tasteful, forged fence with three powerful gates. New flower discounts, changed arrangement of park greenery and reconstruction of the fountain into the shape of its pre -war block have made it easier for us to imagine how the park was looking for a few dozen years ago.


The areas called “Lewitin” is the former mill settlement with a large pond. In 1910, these lands from the Nawrocki family were purchased by the Society for the Chemical Industry in Pabianice CIBA. A mill, house and other economic facilities stood there. In July 1936, Zakłady Chemiczne sold a settlement to the Levitin family, which hosted here for ten years. In 1946, as a result of agricultural reform, the Lewitin state lost their right to these areas. The new host of “Lewitin” was the repatriate of Zygfryd Gryf-Kuszycki. A few years later, a state -owned farm was created here. After another eight years, the farm was handed over to the Municipal Municipal Economy Enterprise and this is how MOSiR was established. The swimming pool was put into use to the inhabitants of Pabianice in 1966. In 2016, Lewin underwent a partial modernization. Apart from rest in the water, you can practice “under the cloud” in the water, play tennis on discovered courts or in beach volleyball or walk with alleys. The youngest have their playground here.




more munuments: https://muzeum.pabianice.pl/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Muzeum_Przewodnik_2017_Zoptymalizowany.pdf























Grot Alles Pabianice (formerly Hartmann, PTK, Włókniarz) the female basketball club, currently plays in the women’s 1 league A.

UKS Korona Badminton

American football:
Wolves Pabianice.

SPR Pabiks Mag-Mar Pabianice-Handball Association Pabiks Pabianice (II league)

MUKS Włókniarz Pabianice (Łódź district class).
Pabianice Society of Cyclists (Łódź district class).

UKS Azymut Pabianice (1st league).

Sport shooting:
PKSOW LOK “Walter”.

Rugby 7:
Fabrics of Pabianice RC.

Energy Pabianice

Brazilian jiu-jitsu:
“Gracie Barra Team Draculino Pabianice”

The sportsmen known in the country and in the world come from Pabianice:

  • Jadwiga Wajs-Sztrętkiewicz-Marcinkiewicz (at the Olympic Games in Los Angeles in 1932 she won the bronze medal, at the Olympics in Berlin in 1936 silver, during the Olympics in London in 1948 took fourth place; As the first woman in the world in a disk throw crossed the border of 40 meters; she was also a three-time Polish record holder in shot put),
  • Paweł Janas (silver medalist of the World Football Championship Basketball),
  • Krzysztof Sujka (bronze medalist of the Peace Race in 1979),
  • Andrzej Skrzydlewski (Bronze Olympic medalist in wrestling in Montreal in 1976),
  • Aleksandra Socha (Polish champion in saber, European champion).

Of course, the real Ambassadors of Pabianice, i.e. female basketball players Polfa Pabianice, deserve to be emphasized.


Football: Udinese Calcio is the city team founded in 1896, one of the oldest clubs in Italy. Among the most prestigious placings of the Serie A championship we mention the second place in 1954-55, third place in 1997-98 and 2011-12, various participations in the UEFA Cup (later became the Europa League), and three historical qualifications at UEFA Champions League in 2004-05, in 2010-11 and 2011-12. All qualifications to the European cups take place in the first 26 years of Giampaolo Pozzo presidency.

Polish player Łukasz Teodorczyk was playing in Udinese Calcio from August 17, 2018 to December 29, 2021.
He is also currently in the Italian club LR Vicenza.

Udinese minor teams – neighborhood – 2013-14 championship:

  • A.S.D. Academy Udinese, (youth sector only)
  • A.S.D. Ancona, Paderno – First Category
  • A.S.D. Bearzi, Paderno – Second category
  • G.S. Chiavris, Chiavris – Third Category
  • A.S. Cussignacco Calcio, Cussignacco – Third Category
  • Donatello, BaldaSeria – Third Category
  • A.S.D. Fulgor, Godia and Beivârs – First Category
  • A.S.D. Rangers, San Rocco – Third Category
  • A.S.D. Real Udinest, Riccardo Di Giusto – Second category
  • A.S. San Gottardo, San Gottardo – Third Category
  • A.S.R.D. Udine United Rizzi Cormor – Third Category
  • A.S.D. CUSSIGNACCO CONTENTA – First category L.C.F.C.

Basket: the men’s team for basketball association Udinese has played some seasons in the top flight of the Italian championship, ceasing the activity in 1992, subsequently also the Pallalcesto Amatori Udine played some seasons in the top flight ceasing in turn the activity in 2011, therefore the GSA Friends Basketball Udinese reported Udine to the A2 series in the 2016/17 season.
In the female Libertas Sporting Club Udine played in series A-2 for 9 seasons.

Rugby: Udine RFC plays in Serie A (actually A-2 being a superior championship called Super-10)
Volleyball: both the men’s and female team play the B-1 championship
American football: in A-2 there are the Udine dragons

Handball: in Serie A, from the 2008-09 season, the women’s handball team from Cus Udine, the Atomat, in Serie B, played the men’s handball team of Malignani handball. Campoformido handball with 3 teams; Two women under 16 and 18 and a men’s team of amateurs.

Tennis Club Udinese.

Friuli Green Scuderia Automotistic Scuderia of the ACI Udine

Fencing Asu: Udinese sports association, born in 1875 as a gymnastics and fencing club. The Fencing section has contributed to forming numerous athletes, masters and technical -renowned technical commissioners, such as Dorina Vaccaroni, Margherita Granbassi and Andrea Magro. The Asu football team won in 1896 the first national football game championship, never recognized as the Italian Football Federation was created only in 1898.

Historical fencing: Sala D’Arme Achille Marozzo
Athletics: Atletica Malignani Libertas Udine




Primary schools:

  • Bearzi

  • G. Bertoni

  • Gianni Rodari

  • Lea d’Orlandi

  • Boschetti Alberti

  • Luigi Garzoni – Via Ronchi

  • Quattro Novembre

  • Udine-Ippolito Nievo

  • S. Pellico . S. Osvaldo

  • Udine-A. Friz

  • Udine-G. Mazzini

  • G. Carducci

  • Enrico Fruch

  • San Domenico

  • Udine-P. Zorutti

  • A. Zardini/cussignacco

  • Dante Alighieri

  • Ada Negri

  • E. De Amicis

  • Toppo Wassermann

  • Udine-E. Girardini

  • Collegio Uccellis

  • Collegio Dimesse

  • Collegio della Provvidenza

  • Divisione Alpina Julia

  • Nostra Signora dell’Orto

  • G. Pascoli Via Pordenone

  • The Mills English School

Secondary schools:

  • Educandato Uccellis

  • Cpia 1

  • Casa Circondariale

  • Gianbattista Tiepolo

  • Valussi

  • Fermi

  • Ellero

  • Manzoni

  • G. Marconi – E. Bellavitis

  • Scuola Secondaria I Grado Paritaria G. Bearzi

  • Scuola Secondaria I Grado Paritaria G. Bertoni

  • Scuola Secondaria I Grado Paritaria M.C. Nannei

  • Scuola Secondaria I Grado Paritaria The Mills English School

  • Scuola Secondaria I Grado Paritaria A. Volta

Higher education institutions:

  • Liceo Artistico G. Sello Ud
  • Istituto Magistrale Uccellis
  • Liceo Scientifico G. Marinelli
  • Sede Ass. ITI Ud
  • Liceo Scientifico N. Copernico
  • Liceo Classico Paritario Bertoni Gaspare
  • Liceo A. Volta
  • Liceo Scientifico Paritario Don Milani
  • Liceo Caterina Percoto – with its four addresses: musical, linguistic, social economic and human sciences;
  • Liceo Classico J. Stellini
  • ITC A. Zanon
  • ITC Deganutti
  • ITI A. Malignani
  • ITG G.G. Marinoni
  • Bearzi
  • Ipscar B. Stringher
  • IPSIA G. Ceconi


The University of Udine was founded in 1978 as part of the interventions for the reconstruction of Friuli following the 1976 earthquake.

The institution of the University, in particular of the Faculty of Medicine and Magisterium, had been requested since the 1950s: the Committee for the Friulian University, chaired by Tarcisio Petracco, had collected 125,000 signatures in favor of the foundation of the University.

In addition to research and training, common to all universities, also that of “contributing to the civil, social and economic progress of Friuli and of becoming an organic tool for development and renewal of the original strands of culture, of the culture, has among its objectives. language, traditions and history of Friuli”.

The University has promoted the establishment of different institutions:

  • Luigi Danieli di Udine scientific and technological park, managed by the “Friuli Innovation” consortium,
  • ICT companies incubator “techno seed”;
  • “Innovation” innovation fair that has not been held since 2008 due to the cuts by the Region.

The business projects presented by the University also won the “National Innovation Prize” in 2003, 2004 and 2006.

In 2004 he saw the light, on the push of the teachers who graduated from the Normal School of Pisa, the High School of the University of Udine, the Institute of Excellence of the Friulian University.

In 2014 the Academy of Fine Arts of Udine G.B. was founded Tiepolo. The Academy offers various courses such as visual arts, web communication, design, Italian language courses and high specialization courses in artistic tattoo.

Famous people from Udine


  • Vincenzo Joppi civic library
  • Libraries of the Archdiocese of Udine:
    • Archbishop, it is a historical-conservative library and has about 11,000 volumes
    • Bartoliniana, has over 10,000 volumes
    • the seminar, a public library specialized in historical and theological works, has about 90,000 volumes
  • Art Library of Civic Museums, houses over 35,000 volumes, activated in the early 1960s only since 1987 has been open to the public in the Castle of Udine, does not make loans but only the consultation.
  • Library of the Friulian museum of natural history, has about 38,000 volumes
  • Library of the Friulian Institute for the history of the Liberation Movement, has 35,000 volumes
  • Library of the Friulian Philological Society “G. I. Ascoli”, hosted in the headquarters of Palazzo Mantica in via Manin, about 20,000 volumes divided into the sections are kept: General, Dolomite Ladin, Roman, Catalan, Venezia Giulia, language and culture from Friulian. The library performs both the consultation and loan service.
  • Jacopo Stellini classical high school library
  • Libraries of the University of Udine, the following libraries are active:
    • Science
    • Economy and jurisprudence
    • Medicine
    • Cotton area
    • Humanities
    • Training and teaching center
    • Florio library
  • MediaTeca “Mario Quargnolo”, open to the public in 2009 is hosted at the structure of visionary multiplex cinema managed by the film expressions center, has about 2,500 volumes and about 3,000 DVDs


  • Udine Castle – Castello di Udine
  • Museum of Modern and Contemporary House Cavazzini
  • Ethnographic Museum of Friuli
  • Civic Museums of Udine – Museo Archeologico di Udine (Civici Musei)
  • Museo Friulano di Storia Naturale
  • Galleria Tina Modotti (ex Mercato del pesce)
  • Museo Diocesano e Gallerie del Tiepolo
  • Baptistery – Museo del Duomo
  • Palazzo Valvason Morpurgo
  • Corte di Palazzo Morpurgo
  • Sale Cimeli della Brigata Alpina Julia


  • Teatro San Giorgio
  • New Giovanni da Udine Theater
  • Teatro Gustavo Modena
  • Teatro Luigi Garzoni
  • Css Teatro Stabile di Innovazione del Fvg Soc.Coop.
  • Auditorium Menossi
  • Cinema Centrale / Cine Centrâl
  • C.S.S. Teatro Stabile di Innovazione del Friuli Venezia Giulia Soc.Coop.
  • ex teatro cinema Odeon
  • Sala teatrale Madrassi
  • Ente Regionale Teatrale Del Friuli Venezia Giulia
  • Piccolo Teatro della Città di Udine – Danza Musica e Recitazione
  • Visionario
  • Outdoor movie theater – Secret Garden Visionario
  • Teatro della Sete
  • Fondazione Luigi Bon
  • Il Gruppo Teatrale della Loggia
  • Teatro Parrocchiale “Giuseppe Piccini”
  • Casa della Gioventù
  • Teatro Club Udine


  • Cinema Centrale / Cine Centrâl
  • Visionario
  • Cine City Fair
  • C.E.C. – Centro Espressioni Cinematografiche
  • The Space Cinema Pradamano
  • Outdoor movie theater – Secret Garden Visionario
  • Diana
  • ex teatro cinema Odeon


G. Bearzi School

2nd High School in Pabianice

IPSIA Giacomo Ceconi School

Sebastiano Bombelli’s painting of Eleonore of Austria – (1653-1697), Queen of Poland and Grand Duchess of Lithuania by marriage to King Michał Korybut Wiśniowiecki, and subsequently Duchess of Lorraine by her second marriage to Charles V, Duke of Lorraine.

Giovanni da Udine and his paintings
 Alina Szapocznikow with her sculpture

Luca Carlevarijs and his paintings

Alfred Lenica and his paintings

Afro Basaldella and his painting

Francesco Pavona’s painting

Bolesław Nawrocki’s painting

Zbigniew Libera

Giuseppe Battiston

Mario Benedetti

Henryk Debich

Andrea Centazzo

Karol Nicze

Dalila Di Lazzaro

Fabio Frittelli Mo-Do

Bogumiła Matusiak

Emanuele Blandamura

Aleksandra Socha

Luigi De Agostini

Giuseppe Virgili

Alessandro Piu

Piotr Nowak

Massimo Giacomini

Paweł Janas



Primary schools:

  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 1 im. Kazimierza Promyka
  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 2 im. św. Jana Pawła II
  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 3 im. Mikołaja Kopernika
  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 5 im. Grzegorza Piramowicza
  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 8 im. Jadwigi Wajsówny
  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 9 z oddziałami integracyjnymi im. Jana Długosza
  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 13 im. Stefanii Sempołowskiej
  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 14 im. Stanisława Staszica
  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 15 im. Armii Krajowej
  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 16 z oddziałami integracyjnymi im. Tadeusza Kościuszki
  • Szkoła Podstawowa nr 17 im. Małgorzaty Kozery-Gliszczyńskiej

High schools:

  • I Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Jędrzeja Śniadeckiego
  • II Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Królowej Jadwigi
  • Prywatne Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. św. Wincentego à Paulo
  • Zespół Szkół nr 1 im. Jana Kilińskiego
  • Zespół Szkół nr 2 im. prof. Janusza Groszkowskiego
  • Zespół Szkół nr 3 im. Legionistów miasta Pabianic
  • Zespół Szkół Specjalnych
  • „Optima” Zespół Szkół Prywatnych (Dawniej „Heureka”)

Universities or schools after high school:

  • University of Humanities and Economics Pabianice
  • Medyczna Policealna Szkoła „Awangarda” w Pabianicach (medical school after high-school)
  • Państwowa Szkoła Muzyczna I i II stopnia (music school)
  • EduMedica Post-secondary Medical School – Training Center
  • Argus Vocational and Continuing Training Center

Universities in Łódź (13km from Pabianice):

  • Uniwersytet Łódzki
  • Uniwersytet Medyczny w Łodzi
  • Politechnika Łódzka
  • Państwowa Wyższa Szkoła Filmowa, Telewizyjna i Teatralna im. L.Schillera w Łodzi
  • Akademia Sztuk Pięknych im. Władysława Strzemińskiego w Łodzi
  • Akademia Muzyczna im. Grażyny i Kiejstuta Bacewiczów w Łodzi
  • Wyższe Seminarium Duchowne w Łodzi
  • Społeczna Akademia Nauk w Łodzi
  • Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu i Nauk o Zdrowiu
  • Szkoła Wyższa Ekonomii i Zarządzania w Łodzi – SWEiZ
  • Akademia Humanistyczno-Ekonomiczna w Łodzi
  • Wyższa Szkoła COSINUS w Łodzi
  • Wyższa Szkoła Sztuki i Projektowania w Łodzi
  • Wyższa Szkoła Bankowa w Łodzi
  • Wschód-Zachód. Wyższa Szkoła Humanistyczna
  • Wyższa Szkoła Kosmetyki i Nauk o Zdrowiu w Łodzi
  • Wyższa Szkoła Informatyki w Łodzi
  • Wyższa Szkoła Sportowa im. Kazimierza Górskiego w Łodzi
  • Wyższa Szkoła Nauk o Zdrowiu (Vademecum Studia Podyplomowe w Łodzi)
  • Uczelnia Nauk Społecznych
  • Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa Łódzkiej Korporacji Oświatowej
  • Wyższa Szkoła Finansów i Informatyki im. prof. Janusza Chechlińskiego
  • Społeczna Wyższa Szkoła Przedsiębiorczości i Zarządzania
  • Wyższa Szkoła Turystyki i Hotelarstwa w Łodzi
  • Olympus Szkoła Wyższa im. Romualda Kudlińskiego Wydział Zamiejscowy
  • Wyższa Szkoła Turystyki i Hotelarstwa
  • Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa Łódzkiej Korporacji Oświatowej

Famous people from Pabianice


  • Alina Szapocznikow – (1926-1973) sculptor and graphic artist who lived in Pabianice
  • Alfred Lenica – (1899-1977) painter
  • Bolesław Nawrocki – (1877-1946) painter
  • Henryk Debich – (1921-2001) conductor and composer, arranger and teacher
  • Karol Prosnak – (1989-1976) conductor and composer
  • Zbigniew Libera – (1959) artist, author of installations and video installations, photographer and performer, creator of artistic objects
  • Paweł Janas – (1953), Polish football coach and footballer, in the years 2002-2006 the selector of the Polish national team
  • Piotr Nowak – (1964), footballer, coach and football activist. In the years 1990–1997 a representative of Poland, captain of the national team
  • Bogumiła Matusiak – (1971), the most titled Polish road cyclist, the champion of Poland in road cycling
  • Aleksandra Anna Shelton née Socha, primo voto Szelagowski – (1982), former Polish champion in saber
  • Karol Nicze – (1944-1999), an outstanding pianist from Pabianice, finalist of the Chopin Competition in 1970, soloist of the Polish Radio and Television Orchestra and music creator for the films “Nights and Dnie” and “Career Nikodem Dyzma”.

The Proletaryat band known especially in the 1980s and 1990s is also derived from Pabianice.


  • Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna im. Jana Lorentowicza, Św. Jana 10
  • Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna im. J. Lorentowicza. Filia nr 4
  • Biblioteka Publiczna Miejska im. J. Lorentowicza
    Biblioteka, Łaska 46/48
  • Biblioteka Pedagogiczna Wojewódzka w Łodzi. Filia
  • Gminna Biblioteka Publiczna w Bychlewie Filia w Piątkowisku
  • PBW im. prof. T. Kotarbińskiego – Filia w Pabianicach


  • Muzeum Pabianic

  • Muzeum Komputerów i Gier

  • Muzeum archeologiczne
  • Dwór Kapituły Krakowskiej

  • Włókniarz Pabianice – Muzeum Sportu i Turystyki


  • Teatr na Co-Dzień
  • Teatr Sekret
  • Kino Teatr TOMI
  • Amentia. Teatr tancerzy Ognia
  • Miejski Ośrodek Kultury


  • Kino Helios Pabianice
  • Kino Teatr TOMI

Cultural places:

  • Municipal Cultural Center
  • Młodzieżowy Dom Kultury im. Heleny Salskiej w Pabianicach
  • Housing Estate Cultural Center of the Pabianice Housing Cooperative (
    Osiedlowy Dom Kultury Pabianickiej Spółdzielni Mieszkaniowej)
  • Osiedlowy Dom Kultury “Barak”
  • Spółdzielczy Dom Kultury Pabianickiej Spółdzielni Mieszkaniowej
  • Akademia Nauki Pabianice
  • Centrum Seniora w Pabianicach

Traditional cuisine


Friuli Venezia Giulia cuisine

Friulian cuisine is an Italian regional cuisine that is strongly affected by the morphology of the region that goes from the sea to the mountains, the diversity of the cultures and populations that inhabited it, contributing substantially to a differentiation of culinary traditions: from the point of view Economic, the main food districts in the second decade of 2000 are those of the wine sector and that of the San Daniele ham.

Prosciutto di San Daniele (DOP) is a seasoned raw ham recognized as a denomination of origin since 1970 by the Italian state with law no. 507 and from 1996 from the European Union as a product to protected denomination (DOP) because its characteristics are due to the particular geographical environment, which includes natural and human factors.

It is produced by 31 companies in the municipality of San Daniele del Friuli, in the province of Udine according to methods defined by the relative production disciplinary which has the value of the law. The Consortium brand is imprinted on certified ham, which includes the manufacturer’s identification code.

Prosciutto di Sauris is a pork-based cured meat with Protected Geographical Indication produced by 2 companies in the municipality of Sauris, in the province of Udine according to a well-defined production tradition. It stands out among all protected Italian hams for the light smoking obtained by natural combustion exclusively of beech wood.

Montasio is an Italian cheese with protected denomination of origin, typical of the north-east of Italy (Friuli-Venezia Giulia and Veneto), subject to rigid production and seasoning procedures, established and supervised by the respective consortium, based in Codroipo ( UD).

Salame friulano

La Pitina is made traditionally with minced meats of Beef and Lamb mixed with spices and red wine. It is then rolled into organic corn flour and let cure naturally for several weeks.

Salame con l’aceto
Salami with vinegar is one of those typical recipes of Friuli to be prepared during the winter or autumn season, when it starts to get cold. It is a hearty single dish, but also quick and easy to cook and, as a rule, it is accompanied with polenta.

Brovada e muset is a traditional peasant dish originating from Friuli-Venezia-Giulia. It consists of brovada, fermented white turnips that have been sliced and macerated in red grape marc, and muset or musetto, a large and thick pork sausage that’s similar to cotechino.
Traditionally, the dish is prepared and served for Christmas and it was invented from the need to preserve turnips over the winter. The sausages and turnips are cooked separately, then served together while still hot. The fermented turnip known as brovada is often used to accompany meats, but it can also be used in various vegetable-based dishes and soups.

Jota is a typical dish of the kitchen of all Friuli-Venezia Giulia, the Slovenian coast and Istria.
It is a soup originally from Friulian cuisine, but which in the most famous Triestine version is based on sauerkraut (in Trieste Dialetto Capuzi Garbi, acidic caps), beans and potatoes; It is flavored with ribs, ribs or other pork, smoked and not, and Kümmel seeds, similar to cumin.

Polenta is an ancient food of Italian origin based on corn flour or other cereal.

The Frico (whose original name in Friulian language is Fricò) is a cheese -based dish of various seasonings, potatoes and onion, considering the most typical culinary preparation of Friuli, more precisely than Carnia, and Friulian cuisine. It is recognized among traditional Friulian and Giuliani agri-food products. It is also widespread in nearby Slovenia and Carinthia, where it takes the name of Frika.

With a recipe dating back to the late 1800s (the economically worst period in Carnia), ‘Stropefàn‘ (‘stops hunger’) is a first course recently recovered from the municipality of Lauco (13 km west of Tolmezzo), which holds the rights use by local restaurateurs.
The original recipe (which to us is composed of pasta such as corn and buckwheat gnocchi, horse shredded ricotta, wild thistles, broccoli, ont, red wine sauce, grappa) has been adapted to modern dietary needs, reducing fat and calories. The dish, similar to crepe, has a very scenographic aspect and offers an undoubtedly interesting taste.

Cjarsons, also called cjalzons or cjalsonos, are an ancient traditional filled pasta from Friuli, particularly the Alpine region of Carnia. However, they are made in many parts of Friuli, both in the mountains and on the plains.

Orzotto is an Italian dish similar to risotto, but made with pearl barley instead of rice. Orzotti are a speciality of the Friuli Venezia Giulia region of northeastern Italy.
The name is a portmanteau of orzo (the Italian word for barley) and risotto. This should not be confused with orzo, otherwise known as risoni, a type of wheat pasta formed into shapes resembling barley grains.

In the Natisone valleys, the sweet symbol of Friuli Venezia Giulia was born with a typical spiral shape: Gubana. The lards, on the other hand, are very tasty biscuits prepared with the same ingredients used for the Gubana filling.

The Strucchi (name and handwriting are variable according to the Friulian and Giulian areas, can be called strucchi, struchi, struki, strucoli o strucoleti) are typical sweets of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, with a form of bundles made with the same filling as Gubana and originating in the area of the Natisone valleys, and considered, together with Gubana herself, a typical dessert of these areas.

There are many rustic trattorias and curated restaurants, as well as food and wine reviews, where you can taste authentic delights.

Local cuisine, where clear Slavic influences are breathed, has always exploited the products of the earth with wisdom, such as spontaneous herbs, mushrooms, truffles, chestnuts and apples, with which strudel are prepared.

Gulasch is a German adaptation of the Hungarian Gulyás, an adjective derived from Gulya “Mandria di Bovini”, which in Hungarian gastronomy indicates a preparation used above all for beef, but also adaptable for chicken meat, sheep meat and even fish, which yes It is then widespread throughout central-eastern and central Europe (hence the Gulasch handwriting used in German-speaking countries; Serbocroato and Slovenian Gulaš; Romanian Gulaş; Polish Gulasz; Czech and Slovak Guláš).

I ćevapčići (ћевапчићи) or ćevapi (ћевапи) are a Balkan food based on minced meat, variously spicy, typical of the cuisine of the countries of the Balkan peninsula. They are also widely widespread in part of the Italian North-East (certainly in Friuli-Venezia Giulia, in the eastern Veneto in part of the provinces of Belluno and Treviso), in Austria and in the other territories bordering the ex-Juugoslavia. They are also widely widespread in Romania with the name MICI.

Cuisine of Łódź region

Zalewajka is a traditional country soup with sliced potatoes inside, made on a sour soup with sourdough.
It was called a soup for poor people, the colour resembling white borscht. In the nineteenth century, it was the main dish eaten at any time of the day, apart from sour rye soup and borscht, starting with breakfast. The base consisted of potatoes, onions and leaven, sometimes dried mushrooms.

Kapłonek soup (wodzianka), a simple soup cooked on stale bread, garlic and fat. Of course, Wodzianka must be properly seasoned.

Horseradish soup in which the main ingredient is whey and grated horseradish root.

The first courses are also Solanka soup, potato soup and white borscht on black pudding.
Fruit soups, such as “grusconka” soup or famuła, made of wild fruit, or ulęgałek, were very famous. Fruit soups were sprinkled with bacon, seasoned with cream or flour and served with boiled potatoes.

The tables in the region of Lodz are often filled with the famous:

  • prażoki with cracklings

  • iron noodles also known as gray,

  • gęsie (goose) “pipki”,

  • kugiel” (the most famous from Podbórz) – potato cake, it’s a Jewish cuisine dish

  • knedle with strawberries served with young cabbage (this is the famous “bałuciara” dish) – potato, flour and egg noodles with strawberries inside.

  • tatarczuchy, i.e. buckwheat pancakes with water, milk and yeast.

Of course, very often the second courses were accompanied by traditional Łódź cabbage with peas.

In addition to traditional Jewish dishes that fit into the cuisine of Łódź, we can include knišes, holiszkesz or cabbage rolls and Jewish carp.

Typical starters include leberka, or pate, but the ‘top shelf’ one with more liver. Of course, “czarne” (black) or “krwiste” (bloody) also find their place among the starters.

A famous dessert of the Łódź region is challah with butter, żulik with butter
or carrot cake / gingerbread.

Angielka (englishwoman) is a long, thin wheat roll, about 30 cm long, similar in shape and size to a loaf of bread.

Here is a list of regional and traditional products from the Łódź region:

  • Goat curd cheese from Eufeminów
  • Traditional cottage cheese
  • Goat cheeses from Drużbin
  • Smoked Jordanian sausages
  • Traditional smoked bacon from Nadolna
  • Jordanian juniper sausage
  • Pate from Nadolna in loops 200
  • Oat goose from Bogusławice
  • Pig lamb
  • Smoked Szadków ham
  • Ham from lag from Wieluń
  • Gypsy ham known as the bear from Zaborów
  • Peasant sausage
  • Bilska sausage
  • Blood sausage
  • Homemade sausage from Biała Góra
  • Pork roasted from Biała Góra
  • Nagawki apples baked with juice
  • Cherry compote in the Łowicz style
  • Łowicz style cucumber puree
  • Canned sorrel in the Łowicz style
  • Horseradish in Old Polish style from Warta
  • Sauerkraut from Wieluń
  • Beetroot with horseradish in Łowicz style
  • Łowicz plum jam
  • Canned cucumbers in the Łowicz style
  • Pickled cucumbers in the Łowicz style
  • Horseradish from the Middle Warta River
  • Sauerkraut in whole heads
  • Tatarczuch from Radomsko
  • Nagawki bread is always fresh
  • Wholemeal bread from the Mroga Valley with grains
  • Buckwheat bread
  • Swietnicki rye bread
  • Dmosiński bread with traditional leaven
  • Old Polish bread from the Mroga valley
  • A gingerbread house by the Mroga river
  • Gingerbread With Carrot
  • Wholemeal rye bread from Biała
  • Country sourdough bread from a brick oven in Biała
  • Łęczyca country bread
  • Whole grain wholemeal rye bread from Łęczyca
  • Farm bread from Mroga
  • Rye bread with milk
  • Szadków rye bread
  • Cakes with cracklings (bacon)
  • Steamed wholemeal bread from Ozorków
  • Obwarzanki from Tomaszów
  • Cossack bread from Ozorków
  • Butter from Nagawki
  • Butter from Gluchów
  • Honey from the Mroga river valley
  • Honey from the commune of Żelechlinek
  • Honey of the Brzeziny Land, Lodz Heights and Rawka
  • Jeżowski sour soup with potatoes
  • Potato Plenga from Wójcin
  • Kugiel from Przedbórz
  • Pear soup from Gałków
  • Kapłonek (wodzianka) from Gałków
  • Stuffed cabbage from Osin
  • Cabbage with peas
  • Obrowska horseradish soup
  • Zalewajka with roux
  • Radomsko’s Zalewajka
  • Raspberry ratafia from Nagawki
  • Fruit tincture from Nagawki
  • Apple juice from Kałęczewo
  • Kvass
  • Ginger and lemon tincture
  • Ratafee
  • Dmosiński raspberry syrup
  • Strawberry tincture from Bachorzyn






1. Considering population – Udine is a bigger city

2. The different is that the increase of population has stopped in Pabianice and now is decreasing unlike Udine where the increase hasn’t stopped at all.



Udine is in the first place among the four municipalities of the region for the average taxable income for IRPEF purposes (2010 data). The peculiar economic activities of the Friulian capital are mainly linked to its administrative and cultural function being the seat of the Province, Region, hospitals, banks, schools, universities and various entities and associations. The role of trade that has always characterized Udine as an emporial city of reference for all over Friuli, on the other hand, has always been gradually losing the role of industrial city, the large factories were in fact closed especially in the steel and food sector , small and medium settlements have been replaced that have found adequate spaces in the so -called Ziu or the Udinese industrial area, present south of the city.

To the heavy industry during the general decline, the model of the medium-small manufacturing company, with a generally familiar structure, deriving from the experience of craftsmanship, was successfully replaced. 

The steel industries, once present in the Friulian capital (Bertoli steel mills, Safau) moved to the Udinese hinterland (ABS of Cargnacco) or far from the capital (such as Osoppo Pittini). 

They also ceased their activities important factories from the food industry such as Birra Moretti and the bottling seat of Coca-Cola.

The large industrial plants have been replaced by a dense commercial distribution network of medium-large-sized size concentrated especially north of the city, on the so-called Tresemane or shopping road. The tertiary sector, especially in the Udinese hinterland, has reached a great economic weight and represents about 2/3 of the total employment.
There are numerous settlements of the organized and specialized large -scale distribution, 2 commercial parks and 3 hypermarkets arise in the municipal area, in the nearby municipalities of the hinterland, there are 5 shopping centers (Martignacco, Pradamano, Tavagnacco, Cassacco and Basiliano) and 7 hypermarkets.
There are also 2 large cinematographic complexes, the so -called multiplexes, respectively with 2,500 seats in 12 rooms and 2,122 seats in 11 rooms. In the city center operates a circuit of 5 rooms hosted in two multiplex cinemas with a total of 722 seats.

The exhibition of Udinefiere, built in the area that housed the nineteenth -century Udinese cotton mill at Torreano in the neighboring municipality of Martignacco, also of a certain importance of a certain importance. The complex occupies an area of 240,000 m² and is equipped with 9 pavilions which with the external areas offer an exhibition area of 31,000 m². A dozen annual events take place including the international chair salon and the Modern Casa Fair. In 2006, following the merger with the Gorizia fair, Udine and Gorizia Fiere Spa was formed, overall the exhibition center has about 500,000 visitors per year.

Pamotex cotton industry in Pabianice (not existing)

Nineteenth-century Cotonificio Udinese

Madro factory of machines in Pabianice (not existing)

Bertoli factory in Udine

Pawelana factory (before) and a hotel (now) in Pabianice

Aflofarm factory in Pabianice


In the post-war period, Pabianice, shortly after Gliwice, had the largest number of various industries in Poland. The period of new economic development after 1989 significantly changed the ownership structure of industrial plants. Production areas after the nationalization of industry in Poland after World War II became the property of the Treasury or Cooperative. Currently, the vast majority of enterprises in Pabianice belong to private investors.

In 2003, almost all production activities continued to take place in areas created, organized and developed in previous periods of industry shaping in the city. They accumulate in three zones:

  • old industrial district
  • new industrial district
  • areas at the railway line

The transition from a centrally planned economy to a free market economy meant that many industrial plants in Pabianice were declined, and numerous enterprises were liquidated (Pamotex cotton industry, Madro Machine Factory, Pawelan’s Wool Industry).

The crisis of large industrial plants, especially textile combines, resulted in the shrinking of the surface of industrial areas, which in the late 1980s covered 158 ha. In 2003, the area of ​​these areas decreased to 136 ha. The purpose of the multi-hectare plots of former factory areas for the construction of shopping and service centers had a significant impact on this.

Despite the fall of many industrial plants, the light industry is still dominating. However, an important place in the branch structure is occupied by:

  • chemical industry (Pharmaceutical POLFA, Aflofarm drug factory),
  • food industry (Pamso SA meat manufacturer)
  • and electromechanical industry (Philips light bulb factory).

The branch diversity meant that the Pabianice industry did not fall into a deep crisis.

Radical changes occurred in the structure of the size of the plants. In 1989, there were about 180 state and cooperative industrial plants in the city, in which about 30,000 worked. people.

In 2003 there were about 2,200 companies employing 12,000 employees, and in 2006 there were 8554 national economy entities, i.e. 77 entities more than in 2003.

Structure of the Pabianice economic activity in 2003:

  • light industry 27%
  • chemical industry 19%f
  • ood industry 16%
  • electromechanical industry 13%
  • wood industry 7%
  • other branches 18%

After 2003, subsequent plants collapsed or were privatized or transformed into companies.
The budget income in 2010 per capita amounted to PLN 2062.52, while five years later in 2015 this income amounted to PLN 2431.27 per capita.

History of Udine and Pabianice


Origin of the name


Pre-Roman toponym, G. Frau hypothesizes a formation from the root *oudh- / *Udh- “breast” → “Colle”, followed by a “not entirely clear” suffix. Attestations: Udene (983), Utinum (Latinization from UD-; Around 1000) other scholars derive the name from the cult for the Undine nymphs that were venerated in this place in pre-Roman and Roman times. Another possible etymology is the derivation from the Lombard *Wotan, or another name of the God Odin, Father of the gods in the Germanic religion. In fact, the Lombards, a population of Germanic origin, settled in this area around the 6th century. It is no coincidence that Cividale del Friuli was an important center of this population. However, this hypothesis is not proven by linguistics, in fact the theory that at the base of the toponym is the name óðinn (Odin) neglects the fact that the ancient Norse has never been talked about in Friuli, and that the Lombard name of Odin was Uuotan (Wotan).


One theory says that the name of the place comes from the turn of the 10th and 11th centuries, from the likely founder, named Fabian (Pabian), quite popular in neighboring Czech Republic. Over time, however, the real meaning of the name was forgotten and the local historian Maksymilian Baruch wrote at the end of the 19th century. On the basis of local legends, he concluded that the original name was Pobawanice or Ptrijanice from playing in the local forests of princes and hunting (beating) for wild animals. A completely different version was to take a name from an otherwise unknown duchess named Pabianka, who was supposed to be so ugly beauty that she had to be hidden from people. According to the local legend, to hide her ugliness from the bystanders, she was to go to the church of St. Matthew from the Castle several dozen meters away by the underground passage, leading to the current Zamkowa Street.

History of the cities

The first written and therefore certain testimony of the existence of Udine dates back to 983 with the diploma of Otto II of Saxony which assigns the Castle of Udine to the Patriarch Rodoaldo, later there are a dozen citations from the city or its castle in various documents dating back to a period between 1091 and 1223. The rise of Udine to Metropolis of Friuli takes place only from 1200 onwards thanks to the decisions taken by the Patriarchs of Aquileia which see the move of their headquarters in a more central position and Better defensible than the other previous offices of Aquileia, Cormons and Cividale. In 1238 he became the seat of the Patriarch of Aquileia, in that year in fact the Patriarch Bertoldo of Andechs moved from Cividale to Udine where the Patriarchal Palace was built. From that moment, Udine will take on more and more importance becoming the institutional capital of Friuli over time.
In the fourteenth century Udine became the most important city in the region for trade and trafficking at the expense of Aquileia and Cividale del Friuli. On June 7, 1420, following the war between Venice and the Patriarchate of Aquileia, the city was conquered by the Venetian troops, marking the fall and end of the temporal power of the patriarchs. Friulian noble family of reference on behalf of the Serenissima in the city that of the Savorgnan whose family coat of arms becomes, in fact, that of the city.

Pabianice was probably formed at the turn of the 10th and 11th centuries as a small mid-forest settlement over the Dobrzynka river, a tributary of the Ner river.
Initially, the village was the property of the prince. Only in the second half 12th century it became the estate of the Krakow church. Sources bind this event with the Czech princess Judyta – the first wife of Władysław Herman. The reason for the donation of the Pabianice settlement together with the area called “Chropy” (this name means in Polidh wetland, swampy areas), according to tradition, the desire to submit a votive offering in order to argue the birth of a descendant (prayers were heard and the princely couple could enjoy August 25, 1085 or 1086 from the birth of Bolesław III Krzywousty). Located at a long distance from Cracow, Pabianice experienced stagnation for the next centuries. As in his chronicle, Jan Długosz wrote in his chronicle: “more often (around – note) the animal wild for the lair was peeled than touched the farmer’s plow.”
The situation changed radically at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries, when the headquarters of the Management Board of the Chapter Complex in the Sieradz land was located in Pabianice. Soon, efforts to place the city here. When it happened exactly – it is not known, because the location documents burned down in the 16th century. Although Władysław Łokietek issued the consent to establish the city in 1297 on the hands of Jan Muskata the bishop of Cracow, this goal was probably achieved in the mid-fourteenth century. Researchers most often accept the years 1342-1354, i.e. in parallel with the creation of the local parish. The first mention of the sources about Pabianice as a city comes from the end of the fourteenth century. However, it is known that Kazimierz the Great has already given the city of Pabianice two days market days – Tuesday and Friday, which has a positive impact on the economy of then townspeople.

Friuli Venezia Giulia

Friuli-Venezia Giulia

We are collecting material to the project in Friuli-Venezia Giulia region, which is truly beautiful with many places to visit. Every town is placed in a wonderful area of mountains, beautiful Alps, which are the biggest mountains in Europe. Tourists find this place as an interesting direction to travel. Place is usually hot and sunny so if you want to take a break from your regular life and you don’t feel like lying on the beach, it is great area for you. 

This region is historically very valuable, you can find here beautiful works of art. 

The past of this place means a lot to inhabitants of the region, they are strongly attached to their regional identity.

Bordering with Slovenia and Austria, between the Adriatic Sea and high mountains, Friuli Venezia Giulia boasts a rich and varied heritage – the outcome of centuries of history and the merging of different peoples and cultures. 

Trieste still symbolizes all this today and wins the hearts of everyone with its austere architecture. 

Palmanova, on the other hand, is a perfect example of a XVI century fortified town: a rich offering for an unforgettable holiday, dedicated to physical activity, well-being and enjoyment. 

The Dolomites and the Alps are among the favourite destinations for winter sports enthusiasts, yet they are also delightful in spring and summer, with famous spas and ideas for everyone. 

Whatever the time of year, you must also taste local specialities and typical produce, including San Daniele ham and Montasio cheese.




Our mobilities have started on Friday (27.05.2022). We will be here till June the 7th. We are staying in the region Friuli – Venezia Giulia. The view is breathtaking – we are surrounded by incredible mountains.

Our hotel is in a town Tarcento. It is a small burgh occupated by 6 000 people, near Udine. People are really kind here – everyone is smiling at you while they go past you. They seem to be really open-minded and polite. There is a magnificent, antique church. You can also notice the beauty of these all small streets with colorful buildings on both sides.

We perceived that small, homely restaurants are a common thing here. It’s so nice to see people meet together in the bars in the middle of the week just to talk about how’s life going. They are really chilled.

We are cooperating with Bearzi school in Udine. The students are really friendly – they are ansewering the questions we asked them and showing us the whole school building. We are really pleased, that we have a chance to work with them.

We truly look forward to upcoming days and trips that are planned for us.

You are very welcome to see the results of the project that we are producing. Enjoy!






Bearzi school

Istituto Salesiano G. Bearzi in Udine

Who are we?

Bearzi. The Salesian work of Udine
The Bearzi of Udine is an educational-pastoral work that tries to live Don Bosco’s passion for young people in the belief that in every young man there is a dream, a desire for good, a search for meaning, a desire to live that It must be grown and raised.

Bearzi wants to help young people have a good look at the other, to know how to grasp in every person and in every event that goodness that will save the world through an educational action that is accomplished when he turns looks for looks full of passion capable of burning in the braziers of the newspaper. Bearzi wants to educate the hearts of young people so that they discover that only a life donated returns that sense to which they yearn. As Don Bosco we spend to make God’s presence and good action grasped in the plot of his own history.


  • Primary School
  • First degree secondary school
  • Mechatronic and computer technical institute
  • Professional Training Center
  • Social
  • Oratory
  • Parish
  • Proposed community


  • Science Center
  • Work
  • Continuous training
  • University boarding school
  • Hospitality
  • Sport facilities
  • Fvjob.it
  • Top Curriculum.it

The IT industrial technician ranks in companies dedicated to the production of software and professional realities in which the production and management of the software, the sizing and exercise of data processing systems are relevant and management; It carries out the analysis of systems and designs application programs, hardware and software of industrial systems, telecommunications, network, automation and data processing infrastructures; It also plans the development of IT resources in small productive realities and assists users by providing them with basic advice and training; carries out web programming server side.

The laboratories
The laboratory is not only a place, but it is a didactic method that involves all disciplines and allows students to experience “knowing” through “doing” giving strength to the idea that school is the place where it “learns to learn ” For all life. The students thus become active protagonists of their training course. Iti Bearzi offers physics, chemistry, robotic, electronic, computerism workshops and, in collaboration with the CFP, the tire workshops, oleodynamics, machine tools and numerical control.

The Mechatronic industrial technician collaborates in the manufacture and assembly of mechanical components, with attached processing of processing cycles; carries out programming, progress and production control activities together with analysis and cost evaluation; performs the sizing, installation and management of simple industrial plants; Participates in the design of mechanical groups, control and testing of materials, semi -finished products and finished products, the use of automated handling and production systems and systems; It is able to independently manage IT systems for design and mechanical production; Participates in the development of executive programs for machine tools and CNC processing centers, control and developing systems, machinery as well as related maintenance programs and services; He knows how to work with the PLC, draw with CAD and model with inventor.

Training offer
The I.T.I. “G. Bearzi ”is a non -state public school, built in 2007 in response to the new needs of the labor market. He carries out his training action in favor of young people by offering multiple proposals, such as internship activities and technical visits in companies in the sector for direct contact with the world of work.

The I.T.I. Bearzi is a Catholic school of excellence because it offers:

  • a professional cultural training appropriate to the needs of current society;
  • A full education, which helps the young man to find a psycho-affective balance and to live his vocation in full which is an indispensable condition for the realization of the self;
  • A clear awareness of one’s identity that defends as a precious heritage;
  • A comparison on the questions that culture arises by judging them to the light of the evangelical message;
  • A religious dimension that helps those who can enjoy the gift of faith to meet God in their existence.



Don Lorenzo Teston
To make an appointment contact the secretariat at 0432493904

Prof. Lucia Radicchi
To make an appointment contact the secretariat at 0432493904

The Queen Jadwiga High School in Pabianice

The Queen Jadwiga Second High School in Pabianice

The Queen Jadwiga of Poland
(1373 or 1374 – 17 July 1399),
also known as Hedwig (Hungarian: Hedvig), was the first female monarch of the Kingdom of Poland, reigning from 16 October 1384 until her death. She was the youngest daughter of Louis the Great, King of Hungary and Poland, and his wife Elizabeth of Bosnia. Jadwiga was a member of the Capetian House of Anjou, but she had more close forebears among the Polish Piasts than among the Angevins. In 1997, she was canonized by the Catholic Church.

History of school

The school was founded in 1915 by Józefa Jędrychowska. Initially, it was a private seven-class gymnasium. In 1919 the school was nationalized and named “Queen Jadwiga State Gymnasium”. It was also transformed into an 8-year female gymnasium with a mathematics and science profile. Józefa Jędrychowska was the headmaster until 1921. 10 students obtained their first matura exam at school.  On the 16th of June 1920 the school received a square for the construction of the school from the city. In 1927, studies in the new school building began.

The education at the facility was conducted uninterruptedly until the outbreak of World War II, when it was closed by the German occupier. Activities continued after the end of hostilities. In 1969, Stanisław Wyspiański was proclaimed the patron of the school, and the current patron, Królowa Jadwiga, was reinstated in 1990. In 2012, the County Sports Hall was put into use. In 2015, the high school celebrated its 100th anniversary.



The education system in Poland has undergone many changes in recent years. The largest amendments took place in 1999 and 2017. The first led to the transformation of the two-cycle school system in force since 1968 into a three-cycle structure. As a result, the period of primary school education was shortened from 8 to 6 years. Compulsory three-year lower secondary schools were also established. After graduating, the graduates could continue their education in three-year secondary schools, three-year specialized secondary schools (operating in 2002-2014), three- or four-year vocational technical schools and three-year basic vocational schools.

In 2017, another reform was launched, which restored eight-year primary schools, abolished gymnasiums and extended the duration of secondary and technical education to 4 and 5 years. The vocational school, in turn, was transformed into a three-year, first-cycle industry school. Changes in the school system in Poland will last until the 2022/2023 school year.


The actual school education, primary school, starts at the age of 7 (earlier entry is possible on the condition of receiving a positive opinion on emotional and intellectual school readiness of the child).

There are 8 years of education in primary school in Poland

The primary school ends with end-of-school exams the results of which are taken into account when applying to a secondary education school.


At the age of 15 young people in Poland start secondary education which can take a form of:

  • 4-year general secondary school (high school),
  • 5-year technical (vocational) secondary school,
  • 3-year vocational school (stage I),
  • 2-year vocational school (stage II)


Students of vocational schools – basic vocational schools and technical secondary schools – may take exams confirming vocational qualifications in a given occupation during the course of study or upon completion of school to receive a diploma confirming their vocational qualifications.

Graduates of general upper secondary schools and technical secondary schools may take the school-leaving examination to obtain the Matura certificate, which gives access to higher education.


Secondary school education profiles refer to specific groups of fields of study, which is why before the start of high school students are expected to specify their educational path. Choosing the right profile can enable a student to prepare better for final exams in their chosen subjects and give them a chance to get into their dream university and their desired field of study, consistent with their interests.

 For a long time, the following profiles have been popular:

  • mathematical-physical
  • humanities-historical
  • biological-chemical
  • geographical

CLASS PROFILES (2022/2023)

How it looks like now:
How it used to be:


Teachers in our school are bright and magnificent people. They are always ready to help us with their knowledge and experience whenever we, students, need it. They help us with facing our learning problems.

Mrs. Jankowska (English teacher) is a noble person. It is a pure joy of learning in her company. She loves flowers, travelling and passing on knowledge to students. She has a great sense of humor too!

Lessons with Mr. Kemp are pleasant and valuable at the same time. You don’t have to be stressed if you make a mistake, the teacher will always correct you and let you carry on. He is a talkative person. We talk a lot during the lessons, what improves our English skills. He plays guitar and loves rock music.

Mrs. Kraska (math teacher) is genuinely a bright person. She is even a Matura examiner, what is very profitable, because she helps us to avoid the most common students’ mistakes.

Mrs. Kazimierczak commonly teaches a class on a basic level of maths. She understands our doubts about the tasks and explains them.

The history teacher in our school is Mr. Bryndziak. He is an especially clever person. He even took part in various tournaments and competitions on TV. He remembers all appointments and events well. He is a teacher with vocation – during the lessons it’s not hard to notice that he’s interested in history. He teaches without looking at a textbook, it is insane and admirable!

Mr. Wypych is one of the most harmonious and calm people probably in the whole world! It is impossible to make him upset. In his lessons he perfectly explains all the terms and topics.

Once you see him, you know he has a good heart!

Mrs. Szarwark is our chemistry teacher. She is chatty and friendly. She has impressive math and chemistry knowledge. Sometimes she tells the stories of her life and jokes with us.

Mrs. Kurzawa teaches us biology. She’s really into ornithology and botany. She is very asertive and cheerful person. She often takes us to local parks to teach us biology in a real life.


We have a lot of school trips. For example, to Wrocław – beautiful Polish city. As biology class we were at the exhibition “Body worlds”. We saw every human bone, muscle, organ and much more. It was something magical. We also went to Rogów to see a landscape park. It was an amazing place, great to have fun with friends and learn about nature. We had campfire, where we danced and sang songs.

We also have a lot of fun at school. For example, we celebrate the Mardi Gras where every class dresses up and performs.

Weronika Bajer, Alicja Biernat, Maja Binkowska, Martyna Borowiecka, Vanessa Kosecka, Weronika Łuczak, Łukasz Markus, Szymon Poterała, Julia Prusisz, Matylda Woszczak