TIME SCALE LEGEND:
Worldwide historical events
TIME SCALE LEGEND:
Worldwide historical events
Grot Alles Pabianice (formerly Hartmann, PTK, Włókniarz) the female basketball club, currently plays in the women’s 1 league A.
UKS Korona Badminton
SPR Pabiks Mag-Mar Pabianice-Handball Association Pabiks Pabianice (II league)
MUKS Włókniarz Pabianice (Łódź district class).
Pabianice Society of Cyclists (Łódź district class).
UKS Azymut Pabianice (1st league).
PKSOW LOK “Walter”.
Fabrics of Pabianice RC.
“Gracie Barra Team Draculino Pabianice”
The sportsmen known in the country and in the world come from Pabianice:
Of course, the real Ambassadors of Pabianice, i.e. female basketball players Polfa Pabianice, deserve to be emphasized.
Football: Udinese Calcio is the city team founded in 1896, one of the oldest clubs in Italy. Among the most prestigious placings of the Serie A championship we mention the second place in 1954-55, third place in 1997-98 and 2011-12, various participations in the UEFA Cup (later became the Europa League), and three historical qualifications at UEFA Champions League in 2004-05, in 2010-11 and 2011-12. All qualifications to the European cups take place in the first 26 years of Giampaolo Pozzo presidency.
Polish player Łukasz Teodorczyk was playing in Udinese Calcio from August 17, 2018 to December 29, 2021.
He is also currently in the Italian club LR Vicenza.
Udinese minor teams – neighborhood – 2013-14 championship:
Basket: the men’s team for basketball association Udinese has played some seasons in the top flight of the Italian championship, ceasing the activity in 1992, subsequently also the Pallalcesto Amatori Udine played some seasons in the top flight ceasing in turn the activity in 2011, therefore the GSA Friends Basketball Udinese reported Udine to the A2 series in the 2016/17 season.
In the female Libertas Sporting Club Udine played in series A-2 for 9 seasons.
Rugby: Udine RFC plays in Serie A (actually A-2 being a superior championship called Super-10)
Volleyball: both the men’s and female team play the B-1 championship
American football: in A-2 there are the Udine dragons
Handball: in Serie A, from the 2008-09 season, the women’s handball team from Cus Udine, the Atomat, in Serie B, played the men’s handball team of Malignani handball. Campoformido handball with 3 teams; Two women under 16 and 18 and a men’s team of amateurs.
Tennis Club Udinese.
Friuli Green Scuderia Automotistic Scuderia of the ACI Udine
Fencing Asu: Udinese sports association, born in 1875 as a gymnastics and fencing club. The Fencing section has contributed to forming numerous athletes, masters and technical -renowned technical commissioners, such as Dorina Vaccaroni, Margherita Granbassi and Andrea Magro. The Asu football team won in 1896 the first national football game championship, never recognized as the Italian Football Federation was created only in 1898.
Historical fencing: Sala D’Arme Achille Marozzo
Athletics: Atletica Malignani Libertas Udine
Udine is in the first place among the four municipalities of the region for the average taxable income for IRPEF purposes (2010 data). The peculiar economic activities of the Friulian capital are mainly linked to its administrative and cultural function being the seat of the Province, Region, hospitals, banks, schools, universities and various entities and associations. The role of trade that has always characterized Udine as an emporial city of reference for all over Friuli, on the other hand, has always been gradually losing the role of industrial city, the large factories were in fact closed especially in the steel and food sector , small and medium settlements have been replaced that have found adequate spaces in the so -called Ziu or the Udinese industrial area, present south of the city.
To the heavy industry during the general decline, the model of the medium-small manufacturing company, with a generally familiar structure, deriving from the experience of craftsmanship, was successfully replaced.
The steel industries, once present in the Friulian capital (Bertoli steel mills, Safau) moved to the Udinese hinterland (ABS of Cargnacco) or far from the capital (such as Osoppo Pittini).
They also ceased their activities important factories from the food industry such as Birra Moretti and the bottling seat of Coca-Cola.
The large industrial plants have been replaced by a dense commercial distribution network of medium-large-sized size concentrated especially north of the city, on the so-called Tresemane or shopping road. The tertiary sector, especially in the Udinese hinterland, has reached a great economic weight and represents about 2/3 of the total employment.
There are numerous settlements of the organized and specialized large -scale distribution, 2 commercial parks and 3 hypermarkets arise in the municipal area, in the nearby municipalities of the hinterland, there are 5 shopping centers (Martignacco, Pradamano, Tavagnacco, Cassacco and Basiliano) and 7 hypermarkets.
There are also 2 large cinematographic complexes, the so -called multiplexes, respectively with 2,500 seats in 12 rooms and 2,122 seats in 11 rooms. In the city center operates a circuit of 5 rooms hosted in two multiplex cinemas with a total of 722 seats.
The exhibition of Udinefiere, built in the area that housed the nineteenth -century Udinese cotton mill at Torreano in the neighboring municipality of Martignacco, also of a certain importance of a certain importance. The complex occupies an area of 240,000 m² and is equipped with 9 pavilions which with the external areas offer an exhibition area of 31,000 m². A dozen annual events take place including the international chair salon and the Modern Casa Fair. In 2006, following the merger with the Gorizia fair, Udine and Gorizia Fiere Spa was formed, overall the exhibition center has about 500,000 visitors per year.
In the post-war period, Pabianice, shortly after Gliwice, had the largest number of various industries in Poland. The period of new economic development after 1989 significantly changed the ownership structure of industrial plants. Production areas after the nationalization of industry in Poland after World War II became the property of the Treasury or Cooperative. Currently, the vast majority of enterprises in Pabianice belong to private investors.
In 2003, almost all production activities continued to take place in areas created, organized and developed in previous periods of industry shaping in the city. They accumulate in three zones:
The transition from a centrally planned economy to a free market economy meant that many industrial plants in Pabianice were declined, and numerous enterprises were liquidated (Pamotex cotton industry, Madro Machine Factory, Pawelan’s Wool Industry).
The crisis of large industrial plants, especially textile combines, resulted in the shrinking of the surface of industrial areas, which in the late 1980s covered 158 ha. In 2003, the area of these areas decreased to 136 ha. The purpose of the multi-hectare plots of former factory areas for the construction of shopping and service centers had a significant impact on this.
Despite the fall of many industrial plants, the light industry is still dominating. However, an important place in the branch structure is occupied by:
The branch diversity meant that the Pabianice industry did not fall into a deep crisis.
Radical changes occurred in the structure of the size of the plants. In 1989, there were about 180 state and cooperative industrial plants in the city, in which about 30,000 worked. people.
In 2003 there were about 2,200 companies employing 12,000 employees, and in 2006 there were 8554 national economy entities, i.e. 77 entities more than in 2003.
Structure of the Pabianice economic activity in 2003:
After 2003, subsequent plants collapsed or were privatized or transformed into companies.
The budget income in 2010 per capita amounted to PLN 2062.52, while five years later in 2015 this income amounted to PLN 2431.27 per capita.
Pre-Roman toponym, G. Frau hypothesizes a formation from the root *oudh- / *Udh- “breast” → “Colle”, followed by a “not entirely clear” suffix. Attestations: Udene (983), Utinum (Latinization from UD-; Around 1000) other scholars derive the name from the cult for the Undine nymphs that were venerated in this place in pre-Roman and Roman times. Another possible etymology is the derivation from the Lombard *Wotan, or another name of the God Odin, Father of the gods in the Germanic religion. In fact, the Lombards, a population of Germanic origin, settled in this area around the 6th century. It is no coincidence that Cividale del Friuli was an important center of this population. However, this hypothesis is not proven by linguistics, in fact the theory that at the base of the toponym is the name óðinn (Odin) neglects the fact that the ancient Norse has never been talked about in Friuli, and that the Lombard name of Odin was Uuotan (Wotan).
One theory says that the name of the place comes from the turn of the 10th and 11th centuries, from the likely founder, named Fabian (Pabian), quite popular in neighboring Czech Republic. Over time, however, the real meaning of the name was forgotten and the local historian Maksymilian Baruch wrote at the end of the 19th century. On the basis of local legends, he concluded that the original name was Pobawanice or Ptrijanice from playing in the local forests of princes and hunting (beating) for wild animals. A completely different version was to take a name from an otherwise unknown duchess named Pabianka, who was supposed to be so ugly beauty that she had to be hidden from people. According to the local legend, to hide her ugliness from the bystanders, she was to go to the church of St. Matthew from the Castle several dozen meters away by the underground passage, leading to the current Zamkowa Street.
The first written and therefore certain testimony of the existence of Udine dates back to 983 with the diploma of Otto II of Saxony which assigns the Castle of Udine to the Patriarch Rodoaldo, later there are a dozen citations from the city or its castle in various documents dating back to a period between 1091 and 1223. The rise of Udine to Metropolis of Friuli takes place only from 1200 onwards thanks to the decisions taken by the Patriarchs of Aquileia which see the move of their headquarters in a more central position and Better defensible than the other previous offices of Aquileia, Cormons and Cividale. In 1238 he became the seat of the Patriarch of Aquileia, in that year in fact the Patriarch Bertoldo of Andechs moved from Cividale to Udine where the Patriarchal Palace was built. From that moment, Udine will take on more and more importance becoming the institutional capital of Friuli over time.
In the fourteenth century Udine became the most important city in the region for trade and trafficking at the expense of Aquileia and Cividale del Friuli. On June 7, 1420, following the war between Venice and the Patriarchate of Aquileia, the city was conquered by the Venetian troops, marking the fall and end of the temporal power of the patriarchs. Friulian noble family of reference on behalf of the Serenissima in the city that of the Savorgnan whose family coat of arms becomes, in fact, that of the city.
Pabianice was probably formed at the turn of the 10th and 11th centuries as a small mid-forest settlement over the Dobrzynka river, a tributary of the Ner river.
Initially, the village was the property of the prince. Only in the second half 12th century it became the estate of the Krakow church. Sources bind this event with the Czech princess Judyta – the first wife of Władysław Herman. The reason for the donation of the Pabianice settlement together with the area called “Chropy” (this name means in Polidh wetland, swampy areas), according to tradition, the desire to submit a votive offering in order to argue the birth of a descendant (prayers were heard and the princely couple could enjoy August 25, 1085 or 1086 from the birth of Bolesław III Krzywousty). Located at a long distance from Cracow, Pabianice experienced stagnation for the next centuries. As in his chronicle, Jan Długosz wrote in his chronicle: “more often (around – note) the animal wild for the lair was peeled than touched the farmer’s plow.”
The situation changed radically at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries, when the headquarters of the Management Board of the Chapter Complex in the Sieradz land was located in Pabianice. Soon, efforts to place the city here. When it happened exactly – it is not known, because the location documents burned down in the 16th century. Although Władysław Łokietek issued the consent to establish the city in 1297 on the hands of Jan Muskata the bishop of Cracow, this goal was probably achieved in the mid-fourteenth century. Researchers most often accept the years 1342-1354, i.e. in parallel with the creation of the local parish. The first mention of the sources about Pabianice as a city comes from the end of the fourteenth century. However, it is known that Kazimierz the Great has already given the city of Pabianice two days market days – Tuesday and Friday, which has a positive impact on the economy of then townspeople.